8th - 12th February
What an exhausting and wild five days. Coach trip down there was quite funny because of the tutors not knowing that we had a EuroStar booking instead of a ferry booking. Made me laugh so much but was good in a way because it meant that would be in Paris at least three hours earlier. So more time for exploring and finding some where to eat.

Got to the out skirts of Paris about 2.00, got to say it didn't look good, not a great area to be staying in but we were right next to the metro station so it was quick and easy to get into Paris central.

That night got the coach into central Paris which took bloody ages, so next time it was all about getting the metro in. So as a group of third years we set off to find somewhere really nice to eat. So once we found somewhere we sat down and tucked into a well needed pizza which was amazing. Also some really cheap awful wine. Then we set about getting the metro home which we thought was going to be easy, but dam we were sooooooo wrong! We got the metro to as far as it went, had to jump over a barrier which was a bit risky. Then jumped on a bus for free that took us to the airport instead of Parc des Exhibition which was where we were staying. Then after running about asking loads of people that told us the rail line was open, that it actually wasn't! So we had to get a ridiculously priced taxi back to our hotel! Cost nearly ten Euros!!! Bloody rip off! Then straight to bed as i was working on the stand tomorrow.

Getting up at 7.00 was a bit of a killer after roaming around Paris the night before! Today i will be working on the stand with Meera, Carly and one of my tutors Will. The stand is at a Textiles show called Premier Vision, and we will be within the Student part called Indigo. This was a very interesting experience in how companies actually source their designs/inspiration. While working on the stand you actually got an insight in how ridiculous some of the people are within fashion. It was actually really surprising at what the companies bought from us. It was a lot painted on fabric work and hardly any digital which really surprised me because i thought digital was the new era of design but it proved me wrong with the amount of traditional work that was bought. This was a truly exciting day that helped me greatly that designers aren't really designing their selves they are just buying it all in and tweaking it slightly.

That night after an extremely long day on the stand me and few of the other third years joined the tutors for a meal, which was really good and a lot of good banter went around we then met to catch the coach back to the hotel.

Our third day in Paris did not start well at all. We decided that because the coach took so long that we would get the metro into central Paris. Once we got to the train station and boarded the train, then to find out that a train had broken down a little way up the line so we were advised to stay on the train and were asured that it would be sorted out quickly. We must of been on the cold train for an hour! They then decided to tell us that there was a bus service running to get us to the next available station. We then got pushed, shoved off of buses while mad french police were shouting at everyone, this lasted for bout an hour till we finally got onto a bus! We eventurly arrived in central paris and proceeded to get the train to the fabric market. This market was very interesting but at the same time i got quite bored with it because it didn't really help me with my final collection. We then decided to find some where to get something to eat, so we settled down in a random restaurant which i tucked into an amazing steak. Then got the metro back to the hotel because for those who weren't on the stand tomorrow we had a trip planned to versaile.

An early start with a terrible film on the coach to compliment! Mama BLOODY Mia. What an awful film with shockingly bad singing to compliment it. Once we got to the french we piled out and i have never experienced cold like this it was insane i was cold all the way to the core! We eventurly got inside and slowly walked around taking in the amazing furniture and beautiful gold leafe furnishings. We then had some lunch in a really exspensive restaurent were i paid £15 for a tiny amount of pasta. We then headed into the surround town to view the shops and trying to keep warm at the same time.

The coach journey back was i have got to say the wierdest atmosphere ever because we found out that Alexander McQueen had commited suicide. So it really dampend the mood on the coach. I was actually really shocked when we were told because of what an amazing design he was and was just getting better and better. He will be a great loss to the fashion world and there will be no one better than him out there. So after getting back we went to the restaurent in the hotel next door which was actually amazing, and why the hell didn't we go there before.

We had the morning and afternoon to ourselves so we dicided to head into Paris. we went to a few of the designer shops. First of all the original Chanel shop, which actually didn't impress me as much as i thought it would. Just looked like the 60+ department in John Lewis. We then ventured to the Paul Smith shop which i could have spent thousands in there. I really liked the style of the whole place as if it was someones house and they were opening it up for public viewing. Just had that personal touch to it. Then the Cavalli shop. OH MY GOD what a paridice. Just full of amazing works of art and beautiful garments and the mens section was insane! We then proceed to Colette which i could have bought everything that was for men in there. I did walk away with a pair of Tommy Hilfiger x Kieth Haring trainers which i love because i know no one else i know will have such a unique trainer. We then caught the metro back to the hotel with enough time to sit down and relax before getting on that long coach ride home.

While on the coach i happened to realise that i left my phone behind in the hotel. Which wasn't good but i accepted it and just carried on.

I got to say that it was an amazing trip and wouldn't have wanted to go with any other group of people, they made it for me. Now to get on with my final Major Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment